Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly told Manchester United that he does have an offer on the table to leave the club this summer.
The Sun have claimed that the Portuguese superstar who wants to leave Old Trafford, has urged United chiefs to name their price for him, so he can trigger a move away by the end of the transfer window.
This comes despite a number of Europe’s top clubs, including Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid, distancing themselves from signing the 37-year-old and United not receiving any enquiries.
Cristiano Ronaldo had reportedly informed Manchester United that he does have an offer
The Portuguese superstar is said to have told the club to name their asking price for him
Ronaldo, alongside his agent Jorge Mendes, have held showdown talks with United’s hierarchy this week – after telling the club of his intentions to leave earlier this summer.
It’s said that Mendes informed the club that Ronaldo has a ‘live offer’ and that a transfer fee must be named for his star.
The report does not claim which side are interested in signing Ronaldo.
As well as Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid, the likes of Chelsea and Napoli have also been linked with Ronaldo this summer.
It was reported by Sportsmail on Wednesday that Ronaldo had asked to be released from his £360,000-per-week contract ahead of its final year.
Ronaldo only returned to Carrington this week and has not been immersed to Erik ten Hag’s methods
United have countered that they have no desire to sell him and have maintained that there was no change in their stance, nor have they received any enquiries.
The Sun have added that the Red Devils have ‘balked’ at the suggestion they should let Ronaldo leave on a free by ending his contract, because of what was described as his ‘loyalty’ to the club.
Ronaldo only returned to Carrington on Tuesday after missing all of United’s pre-season tour to Thailand and Australia.
The club had hoped to win over Ronaldo but talks have failed to change his mind about wishing leave – although he will carry on in a professional manner.
Talks have failed to change the 37-year-old’s mind about wishing to leave but he will carry on in a professional manner.
Clubs including Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich have distanced themselves away from moves for Ronaldo
He underwent medical tests and then trained on Wednesday before watching his team-mates in a behind-closed-doors friendly match against Wrexham.
It was thought this weekend’s double-header of friendlies against Atletico Madrid on Saturday in Oslo and Rayo Vallecano at Old Trafford on Sunday may come too soon.
But it’s believed Ronaldo may have an eye on the Rayo Vallecano one, which will feature more of a second string side.
He has been working hard in the gym having been excused from the tour for family reasons.
But as a result, Ronaldo has not been immersed in Ten Hag’s methods ahead of the new season and will have to be reintegrated gradually.